Running a small business is harder than it should be! Small businesses are 99.8% of all enterprises in the world and the backbone of the economy. But, far too much time and money is spent on administrative tasks that don’t create value. Bokio is on a mission to change that and make the world a better place for small businesses.
Sounds exciting? Join us as an Engineering Manager and help develop people, teams and our Stockholm office! And of course, deliver amazing products to the world!
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities as Engineering Manager will include:
- Create an environment in which people thrive.
- Build high-performing teams.
- Constantly optimize your teams for impact, adaptability and speed of learning.
- Foster and promote software craftsmanship.
- Advocate and teach modern, agile software development practices.
- Enable your teams to deliver technically sound solutions to meet business goals.
To give you a flavour of what we’re doing, we work primarily in Linux and love the command line. Our platform is based on Java and Typescript micro services that run on Kubernetes. We use Docker and Docker Compose for test automation, Apache Kafka for event sourcing, and deploy everything on GCP.
Who you are
- You have a genuine passion for developing and growing people and teams
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching software developers, both junior and seasoned ones
- You are a great communicator and comfortable with spoken and written English
- You have previous experience and track record as an Engineering Manager
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development; with hands-on experience as a developer yourself
- You know, care about and promote sound engineering practices and agile principles to develop well-crafted software.
- You have a growth mindset and are constantly looking for ways to improve and learn, both as a professional and as an individual.
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try smarter.
It’s a great plus if you have experience from Fintech software development and if you are familiar with the above-described tech stack.
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to develop yourself as a leader while shaping and influencing Bokio’s culture, people and products.
- An opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable colleagues.
- A diverse workplace, with skilled and kind people from all over the world.
- Flexible working hours.
- Awesome offices in central Gothenburg & Stockholm.
- Wellness grant, pension and other benefits. Including waffles!
You are welcome at Bokio for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace! We are creating a culture at Bokio where empathy, diversity, respect and courage are front and centre.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!